2) Cut out a rectangle frame from the reverse side of the "Periwinkle" pattern paper and ink the edges using faded jean distress ink. Paste it towards the left in the middle of the page.
3) Cut another rectangle piece (same in length with the rectangle frame above) from the "Periwinkle" pattern paper and ink the edges with weathered wood distress ink. Paste it in the middle of the rectangle frame.
4) Ink the gab on the right between the photograph and the frame with mixture of faded jeans and weathered wood distress ink. Stamp a long border of flourishes with embossing ink on it and heat emboss it with some silver embossing powder. (You don't need a long border stamp to do this. Just stamp the border twice to create a long border)
5) Use any die cut card stock or pattern paper to trace the shape to the "Periwinkle" pattern paper. (Tip: you can absolutely use any decorative edges punchers or designs to do this.) Cut it out and punch some holes along the edge. Ink it with black soot distress ink and doodle it with a black pen. I've also added some glitters (Stickles) along the edge. Paste it right beside with the rectangle frame.
6) Use the negative from step (5) and turn it around to reveal the reverse side of the "Periwinkle" pattern paper. Ink it with black soot distress ink and paste it with a small gap between the two shaped edges.
7) Hand stitch some cross stitches around the rectangle frame.
8) Distress your photograph using the scissors distressing technique. I've added some glitter dots (Stickles) and some small Kaisercraft self adhesive pearls (included in the kit) on the lower left of the photograph. Attach it on the rectangle strip.
9) Add an American Crafts chipboard accents photo corner (included in the kit) on the upper left corner of the photograph. Doodle some glitter dots (Stickles) on it for some bling.
10) Apply a Kaisercraft Journaling Spot Rub-ons (included in the kit) to the "All Spice" pattern paper and cut it out suing a decorative scissors. Ink the edges using black soot distress ink. Paste it on the lower right corner of the photograph.
11) The flower consist of various layers. Use a circular scallop frame from the American Crafts chipboard accents as the base for the flower. Trace a flower template (it can be your regular flower) onto the reverse side of the "All Spice" pattern and cut it out. Ink the edges with vintage photo distress ink. For the upper layer, trace a flower template onto the "Cashmere" Bazzill card stock and cut it out. Ink the edges using black soot distress ink. Curl the petals of both layers of flower using your scissors or twizzer and attach them together. Add a huge Kaisercraft Self Adhesive Pearl in the middle of it and add some glitters (Stickles) to it.
12) Use a black pen and doodle a stem for the flower. Add some chipboard leaves and flourishes included in the kit to the sides of the stem. Add some glitters on them too.
13) Cut out some scrolls from the Queen & Co. Felt Scrolls (included in the kit) and layer them underneath the stem. Add some glitters to them.
14) Lastly, use the Kaisercraft Alphas Rub-on to add your title to the page.
Hope you all like this layout.
Sources: October Kit from Queenscraps: Card stock: Bazzill; Pattern Paper: Kaisercraft; Embellishment: Kaisercraft (self adhesive pearls), Kaisercraft Journaling Spot Rub-Ons, Kaisercraft Alpha Rub-ons, Queen & Co Felt Scroll, American Crafts Chipboard Accents. Others not included in the kit: Ranger Distress Ink, Autumn Leaves Stamp, Ranger Stickles, zig pens, Ranger Embossing Ink, Embossing powders, floss for stitching, foam adhesive, glue dots and other adhesives.